IIFT exam is conducted for enrolling MBA international business courses offered by IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) New Delhi, Kakinada, and Kolkata. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the IIFT exam every year on behalf of this institute.
The IIFT 2021 exam will be conducted on 5 December 2021. Let’s discuss below the expected IIFT cut off.
What is the Cut-off for the IIFT Exam?
As the difficulty level of the IIFT 2021 exam is high, the cut-off is likely to dip this year. The expected cut-off range for IIFT 2021 for the general category may reach up to 115-117 marks, while for reserved category aspirants, it may reach 76-94 marks.
- Clearing the overall sectional IIFT cut-off is mandatory for the aspirants to appear for Group Discussion (GD), Written Test, and Personal Interview round (PI).
- The admission process is conducted for a total of 420 seats in all the IIFT campuses.
Expected Sectional IIFT 2021 Cut-Off
|Sections||Number of Questions||Ideal Attempts||IIFT Cut-Offs|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||35||22-25||28-30|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation||30||11-12||13-15|
Factors affecting IIFT Cut-Off Every Year
- A total number of aspirants appeared in the IIFT exam.
- Available seats for admission
- Aspirant’s overall performance
- Level of difficulty of the IIFT exam
- Marking Scheme
- Admission rules of an institution in each department
How to Prepare for IIFT to get shortlisted?
IIFT entrance exam and MBA entrance exams are quite similar exams. But in the IIFT exam, there are some unique aspects. Hence, aspirants must consider it while preparing for IIFT to get shortlisted. For instance, the RC passages of IIFT are different from those of CAT or MAT. Likewise, quantitative aptitude questions are also comparatively more difficult in IIFT than CAT or MAT. Aspirants need to devote seven to twelve months to prepare for the IIFT exam and get shortlisted.BYJU’S Exam Prep programs help the aspirants to prepare for the IIFT exam in the best way. Few important IIFT preparation tips to get shortlisted are the following:
- Check out the entire IIFT syllabus.
- Collect the reliable IIFT preparation books and study material.
- Download or collect previous year’s question papers and try to appear in an online mock test for practice.
- Join BYJU’S Exam Prep programs, such as online classroom programs, comprehensive study material, and the latest pattern test series.
Questions from four sections are asked in the IIFT exam-Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, Quantitative Analysis, and General Awareness section.
How to prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Section of the IIFT exam?
- This section has the highest weightage. A total of 35 questions in MCQ format are asked from this section. Questions from moderate to difficult levels are asked in this section.
- Aspirants need to focus on reading speed as passages asked in this section are usually 800 words.
- Read online blogs, newspaper editorials, and short stories daily.
How to prepare for the Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation Section of the IIFT exam?
- In this section also, 30 MCQ logic-based questions are asked.
- While solving the problem, this section tries to solve each question at least three times to learn the process.
- Learn to discover easy tricks and shortcuts from online study groups.
How to prepare for the Quantitative AnalysisSection of the IIFT exam?
- Generally, in this section, 25 moderate to difficult questions are asked.
- Thoroughly memorize theorems and formulae so that you can solve each question in seconds.
- As there is negative marking in the IIFT exam, you need to develop the skill to solve answers with 100% accuracy.
How to prepare for the General AwarenessSection of the IIFT exam?
- This is the easiest section to solve, and around 20 questions are asked from this section.
- Read current affair magazines and newspapers daily.
- For static GK questions, do your preparations from the Manorama Year Book and Competition Success Review.
IIFT exams are usually conducted with easy to moderate levels of questions. With good practice, aspirants can quickly solve these questions in 10 to 15 seconds. There are various online educational platforms from which students can start their preparation for the IIFT exam. But BYJU’S Exam Prep programs are easy and unique. You will be able to attend the online classroom programs with live and recorded courses, aspirants can easily understand each concept and also develop the confidence to get shortlisted in one go. These aspirants can also practice previous question papers and free quizzes that help them develop their GK.