It’s fantastic to get a new G Suite account for your team with the email address you’ve been waiting for. Everything from your prior accounts is the only thing that is missing. You shouldn’t have to log in to your old account to receive all of the emails and contacts you’ve accumulated over the years.
The most important part of your apps is the data. So keep that in mind when you get a new G Suite account. Instead, you should export your old G Suite account’s data and import it into your new one. This is how you do it.
Where are the time and effort spent on this instrument, however, worthwhile? Make your own conclusion after reading the complete narrative.
Prerequisites for using the Google Workspace Data Export Tool
Before you may use the application, you must first satisfy a few requirements regarding export emails from Google Workspace.
- Only super administrators of the organization’s Google services domain are permitted to use this tool to export data.
- 2-Step Verification must be enabled on the account of the super admin who is doing the export operation.
- If your firm does not have more than 1000 user accounts, this service is not available. If you want additional information, you should contact Google’s customer service department.
- The account that will be exported must have spent at least 30 days on the domain (Provided the domain was created more than 30 days ago).
Keep the following in mind before Export emails from Google Workspace:
- Any user accounts created within the previous 24 hours of the tool’s start date will not have their data exported by the Data Export Tool.
- When there is more than one super admin in a firm, all of the other admins are alerted when a data export is required. The application starts exporting the data 48 hours after you start the operation.
- If your Google Account loses super admin privileges while the export emails from Google Workspace are in progress, the export will be instantly halted.
What is the mechanism at work here?
- To access your G Suite account, first, enter your super-admin credentials.
- Go to the Admin Console and click the “arrow in the upper right corner”.
- Select Data Export from the drop-down box under Tools.
- In the Data Export window, select the Start Export option.
- To gain access to the processed data, open the confirmation link and pick the Access Archive option.
- Click the root folder in the archive to view a list of user folders in Google Cloud Storage. Each user folder has a zip file containing the contents of that person’s profile.
- To download the user’s data, double-click the zip file.
- Unzip the file to see each user’s product information. The export emails from Google workspace are available for 30 days before being completely destroyed.
Note: You haven’t completed your task yet. Depending on the size of your data, you may need to wait for Google to process all of your G Suite accounts and issue you a confirmation number for your exported data. This normally takes 72 hours, but in certain situations, it might take up to 14 days. When the operation is done, you will receive an email alerting you of its completion.
Why Manual Method is not useful?
- There’s a significant chance you’ll get an error after clicking the Start Export option.
- Once a 30-day time has passed since your previous export, the application will allow you to repeat the process.
- It does not enable you to export just the data you want, which might be an issue for certain users. The software exports all of the data of all users, without exception.
- Your files will be deleted if you do not unzip them to the user’s storage within 30 days.
- Customers may want to interrupt the export process in the middle of it, but this software does not offer that option.
- This is a time-consuming technique. You don’t know how long it’ll take you to get the download.
Professional Method to Export Emails from Google Workspace
This is the backup solution of choice for tens of thousands of clients who want to simply export G Suite emails to their desktop. SysTools G Suite Backup Solution is a professional solution for transferring and exporting G Suite data from a single user account or a domain account in a safe and secure manner. The tool was intended to address the difficulties of exporting “large” G Suite data, which standard methods typically fail to do.
- Individual user data can be downloaded without restriction. This tool allows you to simultaneously download data from a single or several users.
- Exporting a small amount of data has no restrictions. Depending on your preferences, you may pick from a range of categories such as email, contacts, calendars, and so on.
- If you just want to export newly arrived data, you can use a delta backup.
- For backup, it now supports the commonly used PST file format (more formats coming soon)
- There is a dashboard where you can monitor the status of your backup in real-time.
By now, you’ve undoubtedly realized how important it is to export emails from Google Workspace. Furthermore, the ways of doing so are covered on this page. We strongly advise you to utilize the professional tool. The reason for this is explained clearly in the restrictions of the instructional tool.