It’s essential to have safety signs in your workplace or construction facility, and nothing can serve the purpose better than an out of order sign. Safety signs or warning signs give a visible instruction, a clear indication to visitors and employees about the possibility of accidents by using an area or touching a tool.
The compulsory signs in the workplace are fire safety signs, emergency exit signs, road traffic rules within the facility, and prohibition signage. You can break down these important signs into four categories, warning, prohibition, emergency, and mandatory signs. We’ll work on the first two.
- A sign prohibiting action that’s like to cause or increase danger is very important in workplaces, especially construction sites. Prominent example is No Access for Unauthorized Personnel.
- You must use the signs with Do Not commands. To tell that you don’t allow smoking in a particular area, use a No Smoking sign with a red cross across it.
- You can use them in workplaces for reinforcing instructions/regulations to prohibit dangerous activities.
- These signs are commonly circular red bands. They have a diagonal cross line that descends from left to right at a specific 45-degree angle.
- It should have a solid white background and the imagery can indicate the command’s nature in black.
For traffic control
Proper installation and operation of traffic control signs and zones (temporary) help in improving the safety of people working near the areas. You need to bear in mind that temporary traffic control workers and field personnel are susceptible to accidents during the installation, repairing, or removal of traffic control equipment.
- Working in the vicinity of traffic necessitates training in alertness, practices, and a sense of accountability and responsibility. You can use safety signs to show bridge inspection, cleaning drainage facilities like drop inlets and catch basins, debris cleanup, and emergency repairs, which include necessary miscellaneous operations for restoring proper highway operations.
- You can also use the signs for indicating guardrail repair, right-of-way highway mowing, pavement marking, pavement repairs, and post mounted delineators, which include installation, repair, and replacement.
- The small road signs are also important. If you’re undertaking traffic signal repairs, you can include emergency repairs and routine replacement of lamps.
- High visibility is paramount in highways. ANSI or the American National Standards Institute provides instructions for safety approval and high visibility on the basis of retroreflective material.
The OSHA guidelines
OSHA notice signs are a great tool to warn your employees and pedestrians of hazardous tools and situations. It helps in creating a safer workplace. To make your custom out of order sign, you can choose templates and add unique coloring, symbols, and text. The common dimensions are 7*10 and 10*14.
The popular materials are vinyl, aluminum and plastic. When it comes to lamination, you have to two options. You can either select the ultra-tough lamination or not go for any lamination.
A protective coating acts a solid barrier between the environment and the sign. You don’t need to worry about damaged or faded signs. The protective shield fortifies your sign from natural elements.