Now the moment you browsed through the term “IPC 620 Space Training Course” in the title, you must have perceived that this certification program is “going” to be all about “Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies.” Well, although you got a sense of the right IPC training program, it’s not exactly what you thought. Now you might be thinking, “But, what do you mean by this?” No? So, we must tell you it is similar to the individual level certification based on an IPC standard “Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies.” Here, you learn the additional requirements to ensure cable and wire harness assemblies survive the vibration and thermal conditions in space applications. Ok?
Now, do you know the best part of the IPC 620 Space Training Course? If not, we must inform you that this course is supported by “real” cable building exercises and provides a valid IPC certification after passing the relevant examination.
So, now that we have covered the background story of the IPC 620 Space Training Course, it’s time to see:
What is the objective of the IPC 620 Space Training Course?
Once your operators or engineers take part in this course, attend all the classes, and pass all the tests successfully, they will be “able” to demonstrate the skills of building and installing the unit three complete cables. And while learning how to build and install these robust “cables,” they will also gain “full” control over the prowess, like:
- Attaching soldering to cup terminals
- Wire splices
- Coax connectors
- Crimping machine contacts
- Crimping insulated lugs,
- Wires to IDC connections, i.e., Insulation Displacement Contact
- Shield terminations comprising routing using ty-raps/lacing cord, and
- Shielding–braid, and shrink-tubing
Not just that, your employees will also grasp “how to test the final product” during the training classes for IPC 620 Space Certification Program.
And remember, the moment this course completes, your employees will get certified for “exact” 24 months, and they will acquire the knowledge to:
- Reference the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard for making the accept/reject decisions
- Correctly understand the intent of the IPC 620 Space Addendum Certification Program
- Demonstrate hands-on chops to complete every skill included in the IPC 620 Space Training Course, including reading Bill of Materials (BOM) and Blueprint instructions.
- Successfully pass the written tests with 80% or a better score
Now, let’s see:
What a certified CIS will get after attending the “IPC 620 Space Certification Program?”
Well, each of your workers who “successfully” complete the CIS or Certified IPC Specialist skills and written exams will get:
- Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) Certification
- NASA Grade Cable and Wire Harness Kit
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Space Applications Electronic Hardware Addendum
What are the prerequisites, class length, and certification length of the IPC 620 Space Training Course?
For this particular course, the:
- Prerequisiteis the current IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIS certificate
- Class Lengthis five days or less
- Certification Length is accurate 24 months
Who are the most suitable candidates for IPC 620 Space Training Course?
- Assembly technicians
- Incoming quality inspectors
- In-process quality inspectors, and
- Wire and cable harness fabricators
What does the IPC 620 Space Addendum Certification Program “consist of?”
- Measure and cut wire/cables, strip, and tin wires
- Sizing, cutting, application, and shrinking of shrink tubing
- Assemble and solder terminals, crimp formed contacts (insulated and non-insulated), crimp stamped/machine contacts.
- Assemble BNC connectors to coaxial cable, RJ45 plugs, and ribbon cable
- Coaxial wire terminations
- Wire splicing
- Routing of wires using ty-wraps
- Bundle wires and cables using tie wraps, spot-ties, and continuous lacing
- Attaching wires to IDC connectors
- Documentation of wire and cable harness assemblies-reading, interpretation
When should you consider enrolling in an IPC 620 Space Addendum Certification Program?
Suppose you are already an IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIS certified Specialist and want to obtain “knowledge” about additional requirements for designing wire and cable harnesses for space applications that can withstand their vibration and “thermal cyclic” environments. In that case, you must admit to IPC 620 Space Addendum Course. In this course, the qualified instructors will teach you the practical aspects of manufacturing and outfitting the cable and wire harness assemblies “that” are suitable for space applications. And “just” to achieve this goal, you will find that most of your class time is “getting” spent learning the practical skills for the “development” of high-quality cables and wires for space applications instead of attending only the theoretical sessions.
Hopefully, you learned a host of things through this technical piece of content that discussed what the IPC 620 Space Training Course is, who should attend it, and what its “objectives” are. So, if you found this write-up handy and knowledgeable and want to enrol some of your technical professionals in the IPC 620 Space Training Program, we would suggest talking to an accredited electronics training centre in the USA now.