Crunchy on the outside and chewy from inside, coconut macarons are an irresistible thing. People love to have them as a snack or a dessert after having a light meal. Those who are observing Passover and are avoiding gluten enjoy coconut macarons the most because they contain no flour. These macarons can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere. So, do you want to make them at home? If yes, then you have come to the right place.
As long as you have got some shredded coconut in a pantry a few eggs in your fridge that you don’t mind cracking, then you can make a batch of sweet macaroons in less than half an hour. Yes, you indeed need to have a good experience and practice of making coconut macarons but don’t worry these macaron packaging boxes are very easy to bake if you have the right equipment, ingredients, and a recipe.
Macarons are really simple to make. Whether you make them plain, mix them with chocolate chips, dried fruits, nuts, or dip them in chocolate, you can make them as you like. Below in this article, we have mentioned all the ingredients, equipment, and directions of how to make them. If you are interested in learning about them, be sure to read this article till the end.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- cups sweetened, shredded coconut
Things You Need
- Wire rack
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- Mixing spoon or spatula
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Silicone baking mat or parchment paper
Step By Step Directions
- First things first, you need to place the oven rack in the bottom third or middle of the oven and preheat at 320°F – 350°F for about 10 – 15 minutes. Don’t forget to line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- This step is optional, but if you want deeper coconut flavor and extra crispy macarons, then you can toast the coconut. So, what you need to do is to spread the coconut on a baking sheet and toast until they start to show some color, about 5 minutes. Now, set aside to let it cool a bit before using.
- The next step is to whisk the egg whites, vanilla, sugar, and salt. For this, you’ll need a large mixing bowl to place the egg whites and salt into it. Now, switch an electric or hand mixer on low speed and start beating the egg whites for almost 1 minute. Whisk until everything is thoroughly combined, and the mixture is bubbly.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract to the mix and continue beating at low to medium speed for over 1-2 minutes until the egg whites turn foamy. While you are still beating, add sugar little by little and whisk until combined well.
- When you have added all of the sugar, increase the speed of electric mixer and whip until the egg white turns to soft peak. Now to achieve that stiff peal, lower the speed to medium and continue whipping until you get custom boxes UK.
- In this step, we’ll mix the coconut and egg white mixture. You need to divide the coconut into three portions and add each to the mix in turn. Now, gently and slowly fold to combine coconut with the egg white before you add the extra portion of coconut.
- Shape the macarons with wet hands to prevent sticking into small balls that are almost 1- 1 1/2-inches in diameter.
- If you want your macarons to be crispier, then gently press the balls to flatten them a little bit. Place them at a distance of an inch or so apart on the baking sheet.
- Now, put the macarons in the oven and bake the macaroons for 15 to 20 minutes. Bake the macaroons until they turn golden-brown.
- Let the macaroons cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Voila! Your macarons are ready to eat. But, if you would like to enjoy your macarons with chocolate, and then melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, you also need to stir it after every 30 seconds, until just smooth and creamy. Share them with your family and friends and let them appreciate your baking skills.
Macarons are everyone’s favorite, especially the coconut one. We hope that this article took you through all the steps you need to make the best coconut macarons. You can have coconut macaroons with coffee, but the lifestyle is also excellent as desserts right after a light meal. Feel free to experiment on different sizes, shapes, and sweetness levels—get creative! You can also share them everyone in cute DIY macaron boxes.