Snapchat is a great visual social media application for keeping in contact with friends and family. With over 319 million users, it’s one of the most popular social apps globally. Therefore, many users reported that Snapchat not working while launching and operating.
You can do a few things to keep your application running and retain your snap streak. If you lose the snap streak, don’t worry, this article will help you to get your Snapstreak back.
However, we will show you the troubleshooting methods that help you to resolve the problem of Snapchat not working when you want to capture a stunning scenery or a memorable moment.
So, you need to keep an eye on the official Snapchat Twitter account because they update their users regarding server outages.
Why is Snapchat not working?
Snapchat is one of the most popular applications, and sometimes it is not working due to one of the following reasons:
- The application’s server might be down, which is causing the problem.
- Internet connection issue
- Application may have some corrupted files, which lead to Snapchat not working issue
- The outdated app also leads to malfunctioning or not working
How Do I Fix Snapchat Not Working Issue?
We listed some standard troubleshooting approaches that resolve Snapchat not working issues. So before utilizing any solution, you must restart the application and power cycle your device.
Check Snapchat Server Status
It’s always good to check if Snapchat is down if it unexpectedly stops operating on your device.
Snapchat doesn’t have a real-time live status page, and you can use websites like Downdetector to see if Snapchat is having problems with the server or not.
Additionally, you might follow Snapchat’s official support account on Twitter, which broadcasts alerts about server outages and downtimes.
Clear App Cache
Most of the applications save a lot of irrelevant data in their cache, resulting in crashing the application. Cache clearing is an excellent way to get rid of extra weight on your apps, and devices.
It will get the app running smoothly again and users get better app performance in terms of functionalities and even speed. For clearing the application cache, follow these steps:
- Go to your phone Settings and click on the Apps
- Once the apps section appears, find the Snapchat and click on the Clear Cache button
Check Application Updates
If you don’t have your phone set up to Auto-update applications, you’re probably still using an old version of Snapchat.
If you aren’t utilizing the most recent version of Snapchat, you aren’t likely to have an improved user experience.
As a result, you’ll encounter app malfunctions that will be resolved by simply updating the application.
Check Your Internet Connection
Checking your internet connection is another option because this might be causing the issue. If Snapchat is not working on your Wi-Fi network, try switching to mobile data.
You may not have realized that your network provider is experiencing temporary connectivity troubles, that your data limit has been reached, or that you forgot to turn on network data.
If the problem persists after connecting to a stable internet connection, move to the next solution.
Also Read About: News Phxfeeds Com also known as Phoenix Browser: Features and Complete Review
Force Restart Application.
The application may resume normal operation if you restart it. If that doesn’t fix the problem, here’s how to force the Snapchat app to close on your Android device:
- Long-press the Snapchat app icon and choose the I button from the context menu that appears.
- Now, go to the App Info screen that displays and click on Force stop.
- Click OK when the confirmation window appears and launch the app to see if the problem persists.
Delete conversations to fix your Snaps
If you’ve restarted the app, deleted the cache, and checked the internet. It’s still not working, and you can’t send Snaps to one or more individuals. You may have encountered a very typical issue with the cache of chats.
Then what’s the solution? Delete all chats, and you’ll lose all of your messages, including any unopened Snaps. Therefore, you should clear the chats which will not delete your saved or sent messages. Follow these steps to clear the conversations.
- Open the application and go to your account Bitmoji icon at the top left corner of your phone.
- Once the window appears, click on the setting button at the top right corner of your mobile screen.
- Now scroll down and click on the Privacy section.
- After that, choose the Clear Conversation option, and you will see the list of conservations.
- Then you can clear chats by pressing the X button and clicking on Clear conversations once the confirmation prompt appears.
Reinstall the Application
If your Snapchat app isn’t working, you can delete and reinstall it to resolve the issue.
You need to ensure that the application is the most recent version through the app store.
The reinstallation process may vary from device to device, and we are showing the steps for android phones.
If the app on your iOS or Android smartphone has stopped operating, there are a few simple fixes you should try to resolve the Snapchat not working issue.
We found that updating the app almost always resolves the Snapchat not working issue. Please try all methods step by step. If none of the methods work, then try to connect with Snapchat support for assistance.