Like every other software, Quickbooks is also prone to errors. You can face issues while opening a company file, updating the application, switching to multi-user mode, and others. In this post, we have discussed the update error in Quickbooks. These errors can occur because of different reasons. They are as follows:
- The internet connection on your system is not working fine.
- In case the firewall installed on the system is interrupting the Quickbooks process.
- Different Quickbooks versions are installed on the system.
So, if you are also facing an update error in Quickbooks, here is a complete troubleshooting guide to fix it easily. Read the advanced and simple methods to get rid of the update errors in Quickbooks. In case you face issues, you may have to take technical help.
You can also read How To Fix Quickbooks Error PS033
Methods to Get Rid of the Quickbooks Desktop Update Error
You can use different methods to fix the Quickbooks update error. Below we have listed all the methods and also, explained them in detail for your convenience.
Method 1: Modify Internet Connection Settings
The very first thing that you have to do is to check if your internet connection is working fine or not. For this, you will have to open the web browser on the system and then open any website of your choice. In case you are not able to open the website, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to start the Quickbooks application and then hiver to the help menu. You will then have to choose the option for internet connection setup.
- When done, you will have to tap on the option to use my computer’s internet connection settings.
- Now, you will have to press the Next button to proceed with the process.
- After this, you need to go to the advanced connection settings tab and then choose the option to restore the advanced settings option.
- Next, you will have to click on the Done option.
- In the end, you will have to update the Quickbooks desktop application on the system.
Method 2: Check the Date and Time of the System
Now, the next solution that we recommend you follow is to ensure that the date and time of the system are correct. For this, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, you will have to look for the system clock icon on the screen and then right-click on the same. From the menu, choose to adjust the date and time option.
- You will then have to click on the option to change the date and time option. Also, type the present time and date on the system.
- Next, you will have to click on the Ok button.
- After this, you will have to terminate the window and then start the Quickbooks application again.
- In the end, you will have to update the application on the system.
Method 3: Install Digital Certificate
Now, the following method on the list is to install a digital signature on the system. For this, go through the steps mentioned below.
- For this, you will have to open the path: C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\Quickbooks.
- You will then have to click on the QBW32.exe service and then click on the properties option.
- When done, you will have to hiver to the option for digital signature and then make sure that Intuit is added to the list.
- After this, you will have to move to the details option.
- Now, the digital signature window will open on the screen. You need to tap on the view certificate option.
- After this, click on the install certificate option.
- When done, you will have to choose the Next option. In the end, click on the finish option.
- You will then have to start your system again and then open Quickbooks. Update Quickbooks.
Method 4: Modify Internet Security Settings
The last method on this list is to modify the internet security settings on the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to click on the start icon on the system and then choose the Database server manager option.
- Next, you will have to look for the port monitor option and then click on the same.
- When done, you will have to note down the port number that the Quickbooks application on your system is using.
- Now, you need to tap on the start icon and then look for the windows firewall option.
- After this, click on the firewall option and then choose the advance settings tab.
- Now, you will have to right-click on the option for inbound rules and then click to start a new rule.
- After this, you will have to tap on the port option and then click on Next.
- You will then have to enable the option for TCP.
- Next, you will have to mark the option for specific local ports and then type the port number.
- Choose the option to allow the connection.
- Next, you will have to click on the Next option and then type the name for the new rule.
- When done, you will have to do the same for outbound rules.
Get Professional Assistance
If you are not aware of the basic technicalities of computers, you can also contact Quickbooks customer support for your help. They will help you to resolve every error no matter if it is a critical error like Quickbooks error 6000 or H202. We hope that this troubleshooting guide to fix the Quickbooks update error has helped you.