It is possible to create an electronic signature in several ways. It takes only a few clicks or swipes to sign each document, and it is stored in your HelloSign account for future use. Here are your options:
- Draw your signature using your finger or a stylus. Your finger can be used to add a handwritten signature to your document if you have access to a touchscreen. Particularly handy when you’re signing on from a mobile device or tablet!
- Upload an image of your signature. Take a picture of your paper signature with your phone or camera. When you upload it to your HelloSign account, it will be converted into a .png file that overlays neatly over the signature line in your document.
- Use your cursor to draw your signature. You can create a unique electronic signature by dragging your cursor along the signature line with your mouse or touchpad.
- Use your keyboard to type in your signature. This is the easiest way to create an electronic signature. Once you’ve typed in your name, you can choose a font that best matches your paper signature.
It’s that easy! Receive three free electronic signatures every month when you sign up for a free HelloSign account. Unlimited documents, templates, and much more are available with Essentials plans and above.
Do electronic signatures have the same legal standing as paper signatures?
Definitely! The ESIGN Act of 2000 protects electronic signatures. Additionally, UETA protects them on a statewide basis. Electronic signatures are protected by numerous laws and acts around the world. HelloSign is used by companies in Australia, the EU, and more!
When signing documents electronically, are they secure?
Sure! As long as you work with a verified and secure eSignature provider, eSignatures are absolutely secure. Your information and documents are safe with HelloSign because it offers bank-level security. This includes:
- We are housed in a SAS70 Type II, SSAE 16 facility that has been certified to ISO 27001 standards.
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted connections are those that use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Almost all banks use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt data.
- 256 bit AES encryption is used for document storage and encryption at rest.
In my HelloSign account, do I have to electronically sign documents?
HelloSign integrates with many other companies to make signing in as easy as possible regardless of the app you’re using. Our integration partners include:
- Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Docs (including Gmail)
- HubSpot CRMHubSpot CRM
You may be directed to our site to complete the signature, but you can request signatures directly from the integrated apps.
Electronic Signatures vs. Digital Signatures
Though you may have heard the terms used interchangeably, electronic and digital signatures are not the same. Electronic signatures usually take less than a minute to create. Digital signatures, however, are a bit more complicated to create. An additional layer of security and encryption is provided with digital signatures, as well as a digital ID or certificate.
To create a digital signature, you need to verify your identity and purchase a digital ID from a Trust Service Provider. The vast majority of signing tasks can be handled with standard eSignatures without the use of digital signatures.
Speaking of signing requirements… we know that right now, businesses need affordable digital solutions to work remotely. Start eSigning today with a free trial of Nitro Sign Essentials, regardless of how big or small your business is. There are no catches, no limitations. We’re all in this together.
eSigning after You’ve Created Your Electronic Signature
After creating your eSignature, you can save it for future use. The next time you need to sign a document in Nitro, you can simply select one from your saved signatures.