All children need a good amount of protein every day. Protein is a massive structure of molecules that offers support and structure to the cells. They are also required for hormone synthesis, chemical reaction, immune function, and many more. To provide your child with the correct amount of protein, you must book an online doctor appointment and consult a pediatrician. Also, here are some protein-rich foods that you can include in your child’s diet:
Types Of Protein Rich Food That Is Ideal for Kids
When you want your child to receive proper protein, you can include protein-rich food products into their diet. Here are 20 delicious food items, which are high in protein.
- Eggs: Eggs contain 5.3 grams of protein and vitamins B12, vitamin A, and selenium.
- Almonds: Almonds are also rich in protein, and 28.35 grams of almonds contain 6 grams of protein.
- Chicken Breast: 86 grams or half of chicken breast carries 26.7 grams of protein.
- Greek Yogurt: Strained yogurt or Greek yogurt contains protein. 7 ounce or 200 grams of Greek yogurt contains 19.9 grams of protein. Apart from protein, Greek yogurt also has selenium, calcium, vitamin A, zinc, and vitamin B12.
- Milk: Milk also contains protein, along with calcium, phosphorus, minerals, and vitamins. One cup of milk contains 8.32 grams of protein.
- Lentils: Lentils are high in protein. Around ½ cup or 100 grams of cooked lentils can offer you 9.02 grams of protein.
- Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese is a low-fat cheese with a lot of protein. One cup or 226 grams of cottage cheese has 28 grams of protein.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is well-known in the wellness realm. 185 grams or one cup of quinoa [cooked] offers 8 gm of protein. Quinoa is also rich in zinc, copper, iron, fibre, and folate.
- Lean Beef: This is another protein-rich food ideal for kids. It also contains zinc, vitamins B6 and B12, selenium, and iron. There are about 24.6 grams of protein in 85 grams or 3 ounces of lean beef.
- Fish: Fish contains high protein levels and has many other minerals and vitamins like vitamin B12, selenium, and iodine.
- Ezekiel Bread: This is not like the other bread. Ezekiel bread is made from sprouted legumes and whole grains. One slice or 60 grams of Ezekiel bread contains 6 grams of protein.
- Turkey Breast: Turkey breasts are very similar to chicken breasts, and around 85 grams or 3-ounces of turkey breast contains 25.6 grams of protein.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are nutritious, delicious, and contain a lot of protein as well. Eating 29.5 grams or ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds contains 8.8 grams of protein.
- Peanut Butter and Peanuts: Both peanut butter and peanuts contain high proteins. 28.35 grams or 1-ounce of peanuts can provide 7.31 grams of protein, and 32 grams or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter has 7.2 grams of protein.
- Shellfish: Shellfish like scallops, shrimps, and oysters contain protein. Eating 85 grams or 3-ounces of cooked shrimps provides 20.4 grams of protein. Apart from that, the same serving of clams will provide 21.8 gm of protein.
- Edamame: Edamame is also an excellent source of protein. It’s ideal for children, and consuming 1 cup of Edamame will give 9 grams of protein.
- Tofu: Tofu is also rich in protein, and a quarter of a block or 3-ounces of Tofu can provide 9 grams of protein.
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar Cheese also contains a lot of protein, and providing 1 ounce of cheddar cheese in cubes will provide 6 grams of protein.
- Vegetable Burger Patty: Vegetable patties are delicious, and children love them. They will happily take protein in this form, and one patty contains about 9 grams of protein.
- Popcorn: Popcorn also contains a lot of protein and is good for kids. 2 cups of popcorn can provide 2 grams of protein.
Proteins are highly essential for your child, and they will keep their health in excellent condition. But the protein needs in children can vary greatly. For such reasons, you should book an online doctor appointment and speak with a child specialist to learn how much protein you can give to your child.