According to the CDC, millions of children attend public/private schools every day. Add faculty members to that list, and you have a serious COVID19 risk. Gathering in small, confined school spaces is risky. Can sneeze guards help protect your child? Let’s explore how these protective tools can keep children safer from coronavirus risks.
Why Children Need Additional Protection
Vaccines for children (between the ages of 5 and 11) may not be available by the end of 2021. The FDA has advised parents to take additional safety measures for their unvaccinated children. Even vaccinated teenagers/adults could fall sick from the virus. That’s why people must keep investing in safety measures and equipment.
What are Sneeze Guards?
Sneeze guards are clear plastic barriers that are very student-friendly. Inside classrooms, children can communicate with each other on either side of the guard. This convenient trait of these guards makes it ideal for busy educational environments. Educators can use these guards to facilitate all the physical interactions inside classrooms without much inconvenience.
- A sneeze guard is a piece of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- It serves as a barrier between people and is ideal for confined spaces.
- They’re made of acrylic, a lightweight, foldable material that’s easy to disinfect.
Can Sneeze Guards Prevent the Spread of COVID19 Inside Classrooms?
Be it a classroom or a work setting – a high-quality sneeze guard can protect you from contracting the virus. Of course, people must observe social distancing and mask mandates. But, sneeze guards offer that extra element of protection that ultimately makes all the difference. Here’s how –
- The COVID19 virus strain primarily spreads via respiratory droplets. Sneeze guards are completely impervious to these microscopic particles.
- Coughs and sneezes travel over 50 to 100 miles per hour. Each sneeze releases tens of thousands of microscopic droplets in the air. Sneeze guards collect all microscopic particles that come out when people breathe around you.
- Even in crowded rooms, these guards reduce the transmission of all germs – not just the COVID19 virus strain.
When multiple children or adults sit in confined spaces for long periods into the air, getting as much protection as possible makes sense. Screen guards can even help educators implement social distancing rules. These guards are see-through and communication-friendly. Students can easily communicate through these transparent barriers.
Plus, these guards are easy to install. Children can install them on their own desks. Teachers can install a bunch of these guards within hours. At the end of each day, disinfect and sanitize the guards. These guards fold easy so storing them isn’t a hassle. Teachers or students can clean and reuse them every day.
How to Maximize Your Child’s Protection
Make sure that the screen guards you purchase are of the right height. For instance, a 24-inch wide, 18-inch tall guard would be ideal for a child. Screen guards with the right height can give children all the protection they need inside confined spaces. Also, make sure to buy guards with clear cast acrylic panels as they’re extremely tensile, sturdy, and reusable.