Every LED light on your Netgear AC750 router depicts how well your device is performing. If the LED on your wireless router is blinking red, then it’s bad news! You might be facing the Netgear router red light issue due to various reasons like hardware damage, outdated firmware, loose Ethernet connection, technical glitches, improper Netgear AC750 setup, WiFi interference, etc.
But, no matter what is the reason is behind the Netgear router red light issue, the tips given below will help you troubleshoot it. So, scroll down and read on.
Fixed: Netgear AC750 Router Red Light Issue
- Fix 1
Before you take the help of any other troubleshooting step, reboot your Netgear AC750 router. Sometimes, rebooting the device is enough to get rid of technical issues.
Here are the steps you should follow to give your device a proper restart:
- Turn off your Netgear AC750 wireless router.
- Unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug the Netgear AC750 router back into the wall outlet.
- Do not forget to turn on the device.
If rebooting the Netgear AC750 WiFi router didn’t work in your favor, give the next fix a try.
- Fix 2
Updating the firmware of your Netgear AC750 router can also help you troubleshoot the red light issue. So, walk through the steps mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your device to the latest version:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, type routerlogin.net, and press Enter.
- When prompted to login, enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Settings menu and click Administration.
- Select Firmware Update and follow the on-screen prompts.
In this way, you’ll easily be able to perform Netgear firmware update of your AC750 router.
- Fix 3
Chances are that your Ethernet connection is loose. Thus, make sure that the connection between your Netgear AC750 router and the existing modem is finger-tight. Along with that, also ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is not worn out.
- Fix 4
Another thing that you can do to troubleshoot the Netgear AC750 router red light issue is to keep WiFi interference at bay. So, avoid placing your router near mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, treadmills, televisions, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, etc.
- Fix 5
As mentioned above, the red light issue can also occur if the hardware of your Netgear AC750 router is damaged. Therefore, make sure that the wall socket into which your device is plugged is free of damages. Also, if your router uses a power cable, make sure that it does not have any cuts.
- Fix 6
Although the aforementioned tips will help you troubleshoot the Netgear AC750 router red light issue, however, if you still struggling with the same, then it is advised that you perform factory default reset.
In order to reset your Netgear AC750 wireless router, here are the guidelines you need to follow:
- Switch on your computer and open an internet browser of your choice on it.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear AC750 router login page will come into view.
- Fill the default username and password into their given fields.
- Click Log In.
- You will get welcomed by the BASIC Home screen.
- Go to Settings and click Reset.
- When asked for confirmation, hit yes.
By following these instructions, not only will you be able to perform factory default reset but also get rid of the Netgear AC750 router red light issue.
The minute the LED on your Netgear AC750 router starts blinking red, come back here and follow the troubleshooting given in this post. They will surely help you troubleshoot the Netgear router red light issue.