Certified Scrum Master Certification is a globally acknowledged certification course offered by the reputable Scrum Alliance. This coveted credential is offered to professionals who prove their skills in Scrum terminology, practices, and principles in the CSM Exam. Let’s dig into what Scrum Masters do and the benefits of Scrum Master certification.
What Do Scrum Masters Do, Anyway?
Here is a brief rundown of the five chief things that Scrum Masters are responsible for:
- Facilitation. Scrum Masters make Scrum meetings more efficient and effective, helping team members to focus on collaboration, the concept which drives Scrum.
- Training and Mentoring. Scrum Masters help team members to upskill and help them develop better self-organizing skills.
- Removing Obstacles. Every project has its share of roadblocks. Scrum Masters work hard to resolve issues that stand in the way of progress.
- Improving Scrum Usage. Scrum Masters remove organizational challenges, eliminate obsolete processes, clear challenges, and coach or mentor new Scrum leaders.
- Creating Learning and Adaptation. A good Scrum Master uses daily challenges as a learning experience for the team, helping them to consistently improve themselves.
What Is the Use of Scrum Master Certification?
When you earn certification in a discipline such as Scrum Master, you are giving your prospective employer tangible proof that you possess the correct skills and training for the job. In fact, certification is a good resource to have in general, regardless of your chosen field. If you have that certificate in hand, you hold a powerful tool that tells the world “I know what I’m doing!”
When it comes to Scrum Masters specifically, not everyone has what it takes to lead a Scrum team. Part of your certification process is acquiring the knowledge you need to do the job. Scrum teams need leaders; otherwise, the entire exercise is a waste of time and resources.
Finally, Scrum Masters are in demand today and that means more people may be attracted to the field as a way of easily getting their careers going by taking advantage of the benefits of Scrum Master certification. So, if the field attracts a greater number of candidates, you will need something that makes you stand out from the crowd. It’s very possible that the choice an employer makes between hiring two qualified candidates is which one has embraced the benefits of Scrum Master certification.
CSM Certification Benefits
The Agile methodology is taking the world by storm, and the CSM credential can set you apart from the crowd.
With product management training and additional credentials you show that you’re a leader who can provide expertise far beyond what a conventional project manager could contribute.
One of the key benefits of Scrum Master certification is that it proves that you have the potential that companies are looking for in their Scrum Masters. There is an increasing demand for Scrum Masters because every team requires a dedicated person who can run and perform different Agile projects. After all, every team needs a captain, right? Here are a few reasons to get a Scrum Master Certification:
- Acquire and Effectively Use Scrum: Whether you are a Scrum novice, or a professional who has executed Scrum before, a certification expands your knowledge and can help you overcome obstacles. It’s an added advantage when you’re managing large teams across multiple departments using the same framework.
- Improve Team Management and Collaboration: As a Certified Scrum Master, you can motivate and lead your teammates. You will guide them and help the team work together smoothly. The Certified Scrum Master credential showcases your employees that you have the experience and skills to lead an agile team successfully. It also serves as a differentiator showing potential employers that you have the edge over your counterparts. That certification could be the one thing that tips the odds in your favor!
- Get Further Ahead in Your Career: Becoming a Certified Scrum Master can significantly expand your career opportunities. This certification will make you more relevant and a better competitor in your field, and in turn, offer a higher salary as compared to your non-certified peers. It also equips you with the right skills needed to contribute to organizational change and fulfilling the business’s goals. It also proves that you have an agile mindset that is advantageous to your organization.