Around 60-70% users across the globe face issues with their Netgear Nighthawk router. The issues can be any: from firmware update failed to configuration or from Netgear Nighthawk router not working to login-related issues. Thankfully, such annoying issues can be resolved easily. Want to know how? Just follow and apply the Nighthawk router troubleshooting tips provided in this article. Here, we have provided a couple of issues that users might face with their Nighthawk device along with the solutions. Continue reading!
Issue 1: Nighthawk Router Not Working
Solution: If your Netgear Nighthawk router is not working smoothly, then you must check the power being supplied to the device. Chances are your router isn’t getting sufficient power supply from the wall socket in which it is plugged in and that is giving you issues. So, check the wall socket first. It must be non-damaged. Second, check the power. It must be steady.
After applying this solution, you Netgear Nighthawk router will work smoothly like never before.
Issue 2: Can’t Set Up Netgear Router
This type of issue is mostly faced by those users who:
- Have not connected their existing modem and router via Ethernet source
- Have not followed the Netgear Nighthawk setup instructions correctly
- Have placed their Nighthawk device and modem at a distance from each other
Solution: To get Netgear Nighthawk setup success, here’s what you have to do:
- Connect your router and modem properly via Ethernet cable. Do not use a wireless source for the same.
- Wait for the lights on the devices to become stable.
- Turn on an internet browser and enter the default web address of the router in the URL bar.
- Press Enter.
- Router login window will appear.
- Provide the default Netgear device login password and follow the on-screen instructions.
Issue 3: Can’t Access www.routerlogin.net
Solution: If you can’t access www.routerlogin.net web address, then do the following to fix the issue:
Make sure that your existing modem and the Nighthawk device are properly connected. Are you sure that you haven’t connected them using a wireless source? The reason why we aren’t suggesting you to use a wireless source because might be a lot of network congestion and interference. So, it is obvious to face www.routerlogin.net not working issue.
Also, bear in mind:
- The LEDs on the router might take more than 2-3 minutes to become stable. It is better to have patience and then proceed.
- The web address – if entered in the browser search bar will also give you issues.
- Connected to a mobile hotspot or free WiFi is definitely going to give you Netgear Nighthawk setup issues.
Issue 4: Can’t Log In to Router
Solution: To fix the issue:
- Make sure that you have entered correct router login details.
- If you have changed them, then bear in mind that the default one will not work.
- Cross-check the details after entering them.
- Refer to the device manual regarding the same.
Issue 5: Can’t Recover Router Login Details
Solution: If you can’t recover the router login details, then you can easily get it back by using the password recovery option. If you haven’t enabled this feature, then you can reset your Netgear router and get the details back. Don’t worry! This process will not harm. Instead, it will make your router brand new. But, ensure to reset it properly.
Issue 6: Can’t Update Router’s Firmware
- First, make sure that you are downloading the correct firmware version as per the router model you have.
- Secondly, to fix the issue, all you have to do is to ensure that you haven’t interrupted the firmware update process.
- The most important fix: Make sure that you have followed the firmware update instructions properly.
- And, what else? Ensure that you have downloaded the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Note: The solutions highlighted above will also help you if you face issue like “Nighthawk router not working” after firmware update.
Issue 7: Router Connected but No Internet
Communicate with your service provider. And, what you have to ask? To provide you the best and upgraded internet plan. Even after getting the same from the service provider, the issue remains the same, then simply restart your Nighthawk router. As you got tired in fixing issues with your Nighthawk router and need a rest, the Netgear device is also tired for helping you in troubleshooting the issue and perform well for you. So, to give it a rest, shut it down for 15 minutes.
So, did the Nighthawk router troubleshooting solutions provided above help you out? Are you facing any other issue that we haven’t mentioned here? What was that? Comment box wants to know!